Friday, June 22, 2007

The Kabbalistic Tree of Life and Mine

At the age of 56, I felt like I had come to the end of a branch on the kabbalistic Tree of Life, and even more than that, the branch was about to break. I felt like I had made the wrong decision in my life about profession and career. In addition to raising five children, and doing Yoga and meditation, I had been writing books that sold and books that no one wanted to touch, articles that were published and articles which never saw the light of day. A writer's life is a lonely and egoistical life, and no one knew it better than me. Sitting on the end of that branch, I realized a happy life was giving to others, hearing their thoughts, feeling their pain , reaching out heart and hand. "If I could do it all over again, I would be a healer!" I cried to myself.

I must have cried aloud because my children, now grown, heard me. "Mom," they said, "You've been doing Yoga all your life, why don't you start teaching Yoga?

"Just like that?" I asked

"Sure, just let people know that you are starting classes. Now jump down from that branch."

And that is just what I did.

I called up a neighbor and she called other neighbors. Within one month, I had six pupils. I was on another branch of the Tree of Life and from this vista, the world was the most beautiful thing and human beings were exquisite creatures.

See more on my website http://www.spiritualityteaching.com/

No comments: